Rules for the NCMO
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MUSKY
OPEN AUGUST 20 – 22, 2021
Eligibility & Registration
- All persons are eligible to enter the National Championship Musky Open on August 20, 21 & 22, 2021. All persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Due to safety issues, children under the age of 8 are not eligible for this tournament.
- Entries for pre-registration must be postmarked no later than August 1, 2021 in order to be received as a pre-registration. Contestants whose entries are received prior to May 15, 2021 will be eligible for an Early Bird Drawing – a two night stay at an area lodging facility in Eagle River, WI. All pre-registration entry fees are $65 per person.
- No entries will be accepted after an August 1, 2021 postmark. After August 1, 2021, entries need to be done at on-site registration at the tournament headquarters—Vilas County Fairgrounds. All on-site entry fees are $70 per person and must be paid in cash.
- Cancellation. No refund can be given should you need to cancel your entry into the tournament after August 1, 2021. Credit for entry can be transferred to the 2022 tournament.
- Registration is available on-line at www.muskyopen.com
- Each boat and contestant will be required to abide by all of the State of Wisconsin’s boating and fishing laws.
- Each entrant must personally sign their own attached insurance waiver form along with the registration form. A parent/guardian must sign for a minor. No exceptions
- All partners must be listed on the registration form
- All contestants must register in person at the tournament headquarters and must attend one mandatory tournament rules briefing before fishing. Report your attendance of a briefing to your lake family.
Boats & Equipment
- All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and State of Wisconsin boating rules and safety standards and must be registered in accordance with regulations of the home state of the contestant owing the boat
- All boats must be clean and free of Aquatic Invasive Species prior to leaving and entering another lake.
- Cameras/digital cameras are recommended.
- Registered participants who immediately release muskies which are 34” and over will be counted and scored on ALL tournament lakes. Measure to the nearest 1/4”.
- No fishing from bridges, piers, docks or the shore.
- Only muskies caught legally on a hook and line will qualify for scoring.
- Each person fishing is allowed only one (1) line in the water at any time. No live bait allowed.
- Row trolling is permitted. No motor trolling allowed.
- There shall be no less than two (2) registered contestants per boat at all times while fishing and all people in the boat during fishing hours must be registered tournament anglers.
- Tournament hats MUST be worn while fishing.
- Only muskies caught and released on Friday, Saturday or Sunday during tournament hours will be accepted for scoring. Verification catch slips will be issued to each contestant.
- All muskies caught must be verified and released immediately. Verification catch slips may be done by fellow contestants from a different boat or the nearest person not in your boat. All slips must be turned in to Tournament Headquarters as soon as possible. Fish caught and released on Friday or Saturday MUST be registered by 8pm on Saturday night and fish caught and released on Sunday must be registered by 12:30pm on Sunday. Failure to do so will result in fish being disqualified from scoring.
- This is a total catch & release tournament. Contestants may resume fishing upon successfully verifying and releasing their musky. If a musky is killed, the contestant must cease fishing for that day. As the legal bag limit is one (1) fish per day.
- In case of a tie, the winner will be determined by earliest fish registration time on verification slip. Any disputes will be settled by the Official Tournament Committee and their decision is final and binding.
NO alcoholic beverages may be consumed while fishing by contestants or tournament officials.
28th Annual Challunge on the Chain – The Oldest & Largest Muskie Tournament of Illinois – All details and rules…
Team & Rules Meeting for the Monday Night Muskie League is set for next Monday, May 15, 2023 – Details…
GET THE NEWSLETTER
Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.
GET THE MAGAZINE
Subscribe & Save
Give a Gift | Subscribe Services