54 or bust gives underwater comparison of glide baits
This a cool video from @54orbust and one that I enjoy. Seeing what baits that look in the water can be the key to purchasing. Also the most difficult lure to master and learn is the glide bait. Here is a good mix of lures that I think a lot of musky fishermen will like.
Underwater footage of some of our favourite Glide Baits.
- The River Run Tackle Manta
- The Bitten Tackle Warlock
- The Phantom Lures Phantom Soft Tail
- The Savage Gear Shine Glide
- The ERC Hellhound
– All the lures were run on the same rod, by the same angler, using only manipulation of the reel handle. No rod movement was given to any of the lures. Each lure is run in real time speed and then all are slowed down to 50% for comparison sake.
– We were using 80# Seaguar Threadlock line and Huskie Muskie Leaders metal Jerkbait leader, I was using a 7’6″ St Croix Legend Elite Musky and Okuma Komodo 364 reel.
New River – Southwest Virginia High Water has dominated this week, but we are normalizing. Water temps have fallen back…
This article originally appeared in the April/May 1994 issue of Musky Hunter. To see more classic articles like this, subscribe…
GET THE NEWSLETTER
Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.
GET THE MAGAZINE
Subscribe & Save
Give a Gift | Subscribe Services